Saturday, April 7, 2012

Doing the "Happy Dance"...or the Check is in the Mail!



Google Image

I'm a happy woman this morning!
Finally...my income tax return is done
and the checks (state and federal)
are in the mail!
This is a yearly ordeal for me.
Although I pay someone to do the return for me,
I still have to locate and organize all
the paperwork needed to do it.
Every year I promise myself
I'm going to find a better method
(i.e. better than just throwing everything
into a file in my desk)
in which to keep track of everything.
Here it is April and I've yet to do anything
to make next year's job easier.
But...I'm done for this year!
And, although it's painful to write those checks,
I remind myself,
the very fact that I have to write them
means I had income this year.
And that, is always a good thing!

5 comments:

Tanna said...

That's what I try to tell myself, too!! LOL! it is such a RELIEF to be done with it, isn't it! Celebrating your happy dance with you!! ;) blessings ~ tanna

Susie said...

Hate to pay...but oh yes, having taxes done is wonderful. You are trying to be positive.Good for you. At least you know you have done your part keeping the government going. Have a happy Easter. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

NanaDiana said...

We are behind on ours this year too. MyHero usually ends up filing for an extension. Good for you!!! xo Diana

Wild Oak Designs said...

Another milestone of the year....good job!
Come for a visit...
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Good for YOU!!! I have mine all done except for the actual filing. We will owe $12!!!! We are still out of town so I will run to my computer as soon as I get home next Sat and file that thing! I use Turbo Tax and LOVE it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...